Saturday, November 20, 2010

Follow up

To follow up a conversation from my previous post:

As I was going over materials to teach Sunday School in the morning, I came across this quote in the lesson from Exodus 32-34 about the Israelites making the golden calf and how Moses begged God to have mercy on them. This is what the material says,
"Even though the Israelites had broken their promise to serve God and worship him alone, God did not forget his promise to be their God. He saved them and kept his promise to love them, lead them and care for their needs, though he also punished them for their sin."
(Great Commission Publications SS2211d)

I thought that summed up in much better words then I could muster some clarification on the sheep pen comment from my previous post. Great truth, huh?

No comments: