Saturday, April 5, 2008

And then there was one

My mom and dad took Karis over night Friday and the whole day Saturday. They have taken just Jesse before but this was the first time solo for Karis, without brobro. We weren't sure how she would handle it, when she is home with me while Jesse is at school she doesn't know what to do with herself. She follows me around bored out of her mind. Apparently, Nonny and Poppy's house is more exciting, she had a ball, all by herself.
That left me with one child Friday night while Matt worked. We went out to dinner, just the two of us- he did great, soaking up all the attention. Then this morning after Matt got home we took him over to Bounce U. He had a great time, especially when mom and dad "boxed" each other (big moon bounce with HUGE boxing gloves, it's a hoot!). Then a little shopping with mommy and a baseball game in the backyard. I forgot how EASY one child is- getting in and out of the car, managing dinner in a resturant, and enough energy for baseball! I did miss my little girl though and was very happy to see her, and to my delight, she was happy to come home!

No comments: