Monday, February 22, 2010

Cauliflower Hair

I was walking through the produce section of the food store with Karis today when she suddenly called out, "Mom, I want that white thing!" I looked to what she was pointing to and saw cauliflower, the only white thing on the shelf. "You want cauliflower? Are you sure you like cauliflower?" I asked, quite surprised. "Oh yes Mommy, I LOVE cauliflower!" OK then, this was news to me, but I thought I would indulge her (there are worse things she could ask for).
A little while later we were walking down another aisle and an older woman with white curly hair walked by us. After she had passed, Karis looked at me and said, "Look Mommy, that lady's hair looks like cauliflower!" Why yes, indeed, it did. Out of the mouths of babes!

2 comments:

Magpie Designz said...

I could just eat her up! Melt half a stick of butter and then add some bread crumbs...helps the cauliflower go down :)

Unknown said...

How sweet. She is such a great gal and the daughter of great parents.