Here are the highlights:
1. Food- We have our favorite joints we hit up every year: The Owl's Head General Store, in the town where we stay- the best chicken salad sandwich and burgers (voted best in Maine by the Food Network!). The Brass Compass in Rockland- best Haddock Melt (also winner of Throw Down with Bobby Flay for Lobster Club, also delish). Cod End- Fish and Chips and beer, on a dock in the harbor. Dorman's Ice Cream- yum! And Cappy's Chowder House- yummy clam chowder (the place we ate the night Matt proposed, my sis watched the kids so we could have a date!).
2. The view- The place we have rented the last two years has a tremendous view, everywhere you turn in the house you see the ocean. You can hear it through the windows at night.
3. Watching my kids fall in love with the ocean.
4. A glass of wine (or two) every day at 4:00.
5. Reading two books.
6. Shopping with my mom and sister in cute little shops and finding the perfect coffee table in an antique store.
7. Watching the kids play for hours on the beach (and even braving the COLD Maine water).
8. New cozy sweat shirts for the kids.
9. Games at night...after the kids are in bed.
10. Being together.