Thursday, June 24, 2010

Camping?

I really like the idea of camping: campfire, campfire food, being in nature, roughing it for a few days. I just don't like tents. The last few times I have been camping in a tent it has rained and I swore I would never do it again...and I haven't. But, when my in-laws got this great big camper I thought, "I could do THIS." I figured I would have the best of both worlds: the campfire, food, nature and a bathroom, running water and A/C. We tried it out the past few days and it was great! Matt slept in a tent with Jesse, Karis, Grandpa, Uncle Jason and Christianna while my mother-in-law, Silas and I took residence in the camper. I loved it. It was especially nice when a few thunderstorms rolled through yesterday afternoon. Because we had to do an RV park, it wasn't as woodsy where we pitched our tent (and parked the camper)- my only complaint. The kids did great in the tent and had a blast. I definitely see more family camping trips in the future and maybe a nice pop-up....





1 comment:

Magpie Designz said...

glad to hear it went well! I must admit, I was a bit worried ;)