Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Dinner Tonight

My second recipe post in a week...I am feeling very domestic right now...I even have homemade bread baking as I write!

Inspired by our trip to the farmer's market on Sunday, tonight's dinner boasts fresh, local zucchini, eggs and basil from our garden. The perfect summer dinner.

Zucchini Pie
3 cups of grated zucchini (I added some yellow squash as well)
1 small onion, chopped
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup grated provolone cheese (I used reduced fat, Italian blend)
3 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup canola oil
4 tbl. grated Parmesan
2 tsp. chopped fresh basil
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350.
Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl, reserving 1 tbl. of the parmesan.
Spoon the mixture into a 10-inch round glass pie plate or metal pie pan that has been coated with veggie spray.
Bake for 45-50 mins or until golden brown.
Sprinkle with reserved parmesan.
Cool 10-15 mins before slicing

3 comments:

Missy said...

If you need more zucchini, just let me know. Our plant is happily plugging away at producing ENORMOUS zukes and due to my ever-present morning sickness I can't even look at them, let alone eat them. They're really good though. I had some before I started feeling gross and they are mild and awesome. :)

Kit said...

Dude, this sounds awesome. I'm totally making this after farmers' market tomorrow!

Kit said...

Dude, this sounds awesome. I'm totally making this after farmers' market tomorrow!