Is it really Friday? Wow. Our days are so busy lately it's hard to keep track of what actually happened this week. Here are some of the things that transpired.
- Rain. We had a lot of rain this week. It was a good chance for me to get caught up on some housework and laundry. I am a struggling homemaker. I have yet to find a system that works for me, partly because of my personality and partly because we don't always do the same things everyday. Although I would love to be more organized and not live in a state of chaos most of the time, the truth of the matter is that it all gets done. At some point.
- Twice this week I got to sit over coffee with friends and chat. I love that. I am an extroverted person and need to have interaction with other people to feel sane, especially when we are stuck in the house because of rain. I am so grateful for those times.
- I am loving long phone conversations with my sister talking mommy things. This week she took the plunge and bought cloth diapers. I helped her pick which ones to get, how many, etc. We have always been close but it is exciting to be able to share this part of who I am with her. And I can't wait to meet my new niece or nephew!
- I got a call from the psychologist who has been working with us to get Jesse tested for ADHD. It looks like the insurance company is only going to pay $200 out of the $3000 testing costs. $200. After all that work we get $200. I am frustrated beyond belief, all that wasted time! But I am trying to remember that God's time is never wasted. We just need to figure out what to do next. I could try to go through the school district but it is getting to be the end of the year and I am not sure if we will be able to get it in and his problems are not academic related, which is why we went the private route. I did my research ahead of time and the insurance company told me that all the tests are covered. I know now never to trust an insurance company. So, for now we just keep trying to handle it on our own. Read more books, try new things. God has a plan and I know it is good.
- We are looking forward to a mini-reunion of some of Matt's college roommates tomorrow. They are coming here for food and fellowship and chasing kids. It will be a lot different than college days!
Hope you are looking forward to something fun this weekend! Take care.