Saturday, March 12, 2011

Weekend Update

I am still here!  I needed to take some intentional time to get my house back in order, it has been neglected for way too long!  Monday and Tuesday mornings I purposefully stayed home and cleaned out the bedrooms upstairs, organized and changed sheets.  I wanted to make it a point to make the beds as many days as possible this week- I cannot tell you how much this helped me de-stress!  I have also been diligently plowing through laundry.  It feels good to have accomplished something tangible this week! 

I also have so much to be thankful for this week; I don't want to miss the opportunity to record it! 

This passage has been a refrain in my heart this week: 

"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness for his namesake."
Psalm 23: 1-3


We are in a period of waiting as we still have not heard back from our insurance company about Jesse's assessments.  In that waiting, God has been revealing more things about Jesse that we definitely need to have checked out but I can also see how he is leading me by still waters.  Yesterday, I had another opportunity to talk with the mother I talked to last week in the lunch room.  Even though talking to her confirms for me more and more the issues we are facing with Jesse, it also gives me hope that I am not in this alone, that someone else gets my son.  There has also been a presence of peace that pervades the anxiety that tends to creep up from time to time.  Waiting is good for the soul in many ways.  It helps me rely on my shepherd and makes me listen and watch for ways that he is always taking care of me.
For this time of waiting, I am thankful....

mothers who know

mothers who have been there

mothers who have paved the way

hope

a pastor willing to stay late and talk 

a pastor/Shepherd willing to learn from mistakes

a car decision made

a church that values kids

communion talk with Jesse

that we get to share the Lord's supper with him for the first time on Sunday

hope from anger

the opportunity to walk the road of suffering with a friend

seeing our shepherd along the way

knowing that the road leads to Him

knowing the road brings him glory

blue eyes in my rear view mirror

the jibber jabber of little one, testing out his new vocabulary

good reports from a teacher

a teacher that prays for Jesse every morning during her devotions

the prayers of friends

still waters

the promise of broken souls restored

my own soul, restored

Thank you Jesus, my shepherd, brother and friend.


   

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you Jane, and am glad Jesse has such a loving caring mother and dad. We keep praying for him and all of you. Pearl